Backend Software Developer
My Intelligent Machines (MIMs) is looking for a talented Software Developer to join a dynamic team building a world class augmented intelligence R&D platform for life scientists working in BioPharma and agriculture companies.
MIMs is a fast-growing software company, with a dynamic and gender balanced team building a world class R&D augmented intelligence platform for life scientists working in BioPharma and agriculture companies, helping them to stratify patient populations, to identify drug targets and biomarkers and to develop more efficient and personalized treatments and Agro-Products.
Reporting directly to the lead of MIMs Platform Development, you will join a team of highly talented professionals and engineers who share the same passion for technology and innovation. You will be part of the foundation of a growing startup and eligible to stock options as well as many opportunities to evolve and grow as the company is expanding. You share the values and philosophy of Agile teams and believe in collaborative environments where everyone is contributing at the same level
As a Software Developer, you will focus on the Goal Oriented Massive Multi-Agent System (GOMMAS) technology. This technology is an autonomous system and a universal interpreter/processes orchestrator.
You will love this job if:
- You enjoy developing complex algorithms that are scalable
- You have an engineering mindset
- You enjoy not only coding but building software and have excellent analytical skills
- Participate in the Agile software development life cycle including the kick-off planning every week (scoping and estimation)
- Take part in the decisions regarding the architecture while taking into account the different constraints (security, low-memory, and latency)
- Implement functional/non-functional specifications from the AI and system
- Write clean and reusable code (unit tests, TDD)
- NoSQL, MongoDB, ArangoDB, Redis
- Significant experience in back-end development
- Proven experience in large projects supporting 100K+ users
- Demonstrated programming skills using languages such as Go, C, C++ or Rust
- Skills in Linux environment, Shell script, Git and Docker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English/French)
- Be highly proactive, self-motivated and detail-oriented
Who you are
- The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented and derives joy from bringing rigor, structure, and organization to large datasets, complex systems, and intricate analyses;
- You derive satisfaction from thoroughly and thoughtfully describing a system for both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Superlative organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- A flexible attitude to job roles as well as a willingness to contribute wherever needed. The ideal candidate will take full ownership of their core responsibilities, and will be comfortable with those responsibilities evolving with the changing needs of the company;
- Ability to contribute in a multidisciplinary team as a strong team player, focused on delivering results against multiple deadlines in a fast-paced growing environment.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Montreal-based My Intelligent Machines (MIMs) is a leader in artificial intelligence and systems biology. MIMs provides pharmaceutical companies of all sizes with easy-to-implement and interactive augmented intelligence systems, allowing for accurate biological simulations at early drug development stage, to assist scientists in the development of precisely targeted and personalized therapies.
MIMs is a dynamic tech company with an exceptional culture which embraces diversity and gender equity. We are actually one of the few tech companies reaching gender balance, as half of the team is composed of women. We received the 2020 Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award, one of the most prestigious prizes granted each year to the 100 most promising private tech companies that are well-positioned to grow at a fast pace.