Do you want to join a rocket ship that is passionate about data protection and
building a compliant product the right way?
Do you want to leverage your GDPR, HIPAA or SOC 2 compliance expertise to help us
cure COVID and cancer?
Do you want to work with a gender-balanced team of highly recognized experts in the
field of Cybersecurity, AI and Genomics?
My Intelligent Machines (MIMs) is looking for a talented Compliance Manager, Data Protection & Cybersecurity to help build a world class augmented intelligence R&D platform for life scientists working in BioPharma and agriculture companies. MIMs is a fast-growing software company, with recurring revenues, that embraces Agile and Privacy by Design methodologies. Reporting directly to the COO, you will be working closely with our Cybersecurity Analysts, DevOps Engineers, System Administrators, bioinformaticians, life scientists, data scientists, AI and software developers to establish best practices for the AI revolution in genomics.
- Collaborate with our open-minded teams to maintain compliance with these guidelines and standards:
- European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- US Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- SOC 2
- Cybersecurity Framework of the US Nat Inst. of Stand. and Tech. (NIST)
- Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- ISO 27001
- Hébergeur de Données de Santé (HDS)
- Translate legislation and regulations into policy and procedures in order to embed them smoothly in day-to-day activities
- Be the company expert and champion on new regulatory developments (e.g. consultation papers, communication from regulators), industry trends, and how they apply to MIMs
- Assessment and review of Company’s service level agreements with outsourced companies and regularly review compliance of outsourced companies with these agreements
- Provide advice, assistance and support to the business on compliance related matters
- Assuring the design, implementation and execution of compliance framework in line with all policies
- Setting up compliance by design especially in customer journeys or digital initiatives and while setting up playbooks for a further explanation of specific topics
- Promoting a strong compliance culture and contributing to training and awareness on the topic of data protection and cybersecurity
- Plan & support Internal and External Audits
- Regularly monitors and reviews risks as part of the compliance risk management process
- Advise on further mitigation or on specific control testing
- Provide guidance and feedback to the security team and compliance teams in implementing the various initiatives launched by MIMS
- Guides on incident learning reports, investigates (whistleblowing) incidents. Takes the lead in person oriented investigations
- Carry out due diligence checks on new clients and suppliers or consultants
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- A relevant certification from this list or the desire to achieve one, fully paid by
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Compliance Professional (CAMS)
- CompTIA Security+
- GIAC Information Security fundamentals (GISF)
- ISACA CSX
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Security Fundamentals
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Experience with identifying and resolving IS (security) technology related problems in an industrial and international company is a plus
- High-level of professionalism, even in the midst of multiple engagements
- Experience in working on multiple projects concurrently using Agile methodologies
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages is a plus
- High level of proficiency in English
- High level of proficiency in French is a plus
- A confident approach and an ability to communicate with a wide range of people including regulators, legal advisors, outsourced partners and senior management
- Relevant University Degree
Who you are
- A flexible attitude to job roles as well as a willingness to contribute wherever needed
- The ideal candidate will take full ownership of their core responsibilities, and will be comfortable with those responsibilities evolving with the changing needs of the company
- The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented and derives joy from bringing rigor, structure, and organization to complex systems
- Ability to contribute in a multidisciplinary team as a strong team player, focused on delivering results against multiple deadlines in a fast-paced growing environment
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship,
permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
My Intelligent Machines (MIMs), based in Montreal, is a leader in artificial intelligence applied to life sciences. We provide Biopharma and Agtech companies with augmented intelligence systems enabling life scientists working in this space to model patients, cells, tissues or farm animals to develop more efficient and personalized treatments and agro-products. The company is growing at a fast pace and has a strong and active research and development team.
MIMs is a dynamic tech company with an exceptional culture which embraces diversity and gender equity. New team members consistently rate our onboarding and integration process as one of the best they have seen in their career. We are currently one of the few tech companies reaching gender balance, as half of the team is composed of women. We received the 2020 Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award, one of the most prestigious prizes granted each year to the 100 most promising private tech companies.
For more information, please visit https://www.mims.ai