Computer scientist in Bioinformatics
My Intelligent Machines (MIMs) is looking for a highly talented computer scientist to join a dynamic team building a world-class platform for life scientists integrating bioinformatics, systems biology and AI. In this role, you will work closely with systems biologists, bioinformaticians, data scientists, AI and software engineers to build solutions for the top BioPharma and Agritech companies in the world. This full-time position will focus on workflow design, development and implementation, data visualization, quality assessment and mentoring of junior bioinformaticians in software development.
- Design and implement workflows using state-of-the-art bioinformatics, and biostatistics
- Provide templates for data visualization for the interface and the documentationPr
- Maintain MIMs common core bioinformatics libraries
- Report Quality Assurance and Tests on bioinformatic and biostatistic.
- Create appropriate documentation
- Mentor junior team members particularly in software development
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. with 5 years of experience in Computer sciences with extensive experience in software development
- At least 2 year experience in bioinformatics, biostatistics or computational biology
- Experience with bioinformatics resources, databases, tools and common standard formats
- Demonstrated programming skills using either Python, C++ or R in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of XML, JSON and NoSQL databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English/French)
- Experience and enthusiasm towards mentoring junior bioinformaticians
- Be highly proactive, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated graphical representation skills would be an asset
Please submit your resume or any questions you may have to [email protected]. If you are not sure you fit the requirements for this position or don't have all the qualifications, please contact us regardless.