DevSecOps ⁄ Cybersecurity Analyst
Do you want to join a rocket ship who is passionate about data protection, cybersecurity and privacy by design?
My Intelligent Machines (MIMs) is looking for a talented DevSecOps or Cybersecurity Analyst to join a dynamic team building a world class augmented intelligence R&D platform for life scientists working in BioPharma and agriculture companies. MIMs is a fast-growing software company, with a dynamic and gender balanced team. Reporting directly to the CTO and co-founder, you will be working closely with our DevOps Engineers, System Administrators, bioinformaticians, data scientists, AI and software engineers to establish best practices and the most secure cloud platform with automated repeatable processes.
- Drive all aspects of securing our infrastructure and be responsible for securing software development as well as identifying security threats
- Analyze the security measures already implemented and determine how effective they are
- Recommend changes that will improve every aspect of company security
- Be an evangelist for security best practices and work in compliance with security standards; write documentation for audits
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Test and evaluate security products
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Engage in 'ethical hacking', for example, simulating security breaches
- Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
- Investigate security alerts and provide incident response
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues
- Microservice architecture in Go
- Multi-Cloud environment: Azure, GCP, AWS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux administration
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- Experience with scripting languages and automation toolsSecurity expertise with Cloud providers (Azure, GCP or AWS) through automation, orchestration and containerization
- Knowledge of container security, especially Kubernetes, an asset
- Experience with code scanners such as SonarCloud
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely
- manner while understanding business impact.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess risks, threats, patterns and trends
- Highly experienced with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) Certification or desire to get a similar certification paid by MIMs
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or desire to get a similar certification paid by MIMs
- Strong communication skills (English/French)
Who you are
- A flexible attitude to job roles as well as a willingness to contribute wherever needed. The ideal candidate will take full ownership of their core responsibilities, and will be comfortable with those responsibilities evolving with the changing needs of the company;
- The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented and derives joy from bringing rigor, structure, and organization to complex systems;
- Ability to contribute in a multidisciplinary team as a strong team player, focused on delivering results against multiple deadlines in a fast-paced growing environment.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
My Intelligent Machines (MIMs), based in Montreal, is a leader in artificial intelligence applied to life sciences. We provide Biopharma and Agtech companies with augmented intelligence systems enabling life scientists working in this space to model patients, cells, tissues or farm animals to develop more efficient and personalized treatments and agro-products. The company is growing at a fast pace and has a strong and active research and development team.
MIMs is a dynamic tech company with an exceptional culture which embraces diversity and gender equity. We are currently one of the few tech companies reaching gender balance, as half of the team is composed of women. We received the 2020 Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award, one of the most prestigious prizes granted each year to the 100 most promising private tech companies.