My Intelligent Machines (MIMs) is looking for a talented Director of Finance / Controller to join a dynamic team building a world class augmented intelligence R&D platform for life scientists working in BioPharma and agriculture companies. MIMs is a fast-growing software company, with a dynamic and gender balanced team.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, you are in charge of the strategic and operational management of financial performance. You coordinate and monitor the budget process and are responsible for establishing and monitoring the profitability standards for projects with financial content in collaboration with the members of the executive team.
- Safeguard assets and ensure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits and controls across all departments
- Ensure the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credit and collections, payroll, and inventory of assets
- Prepare and analyze timely monthly financial statements and annual budgeting for management
- Provide financial modelling and financial analysis to evaluate company ventures, special projects, programs, and capital expenditures
- Coordinate preparation and review of year-end financial statements and liaise with external auditors
- Establish trends and forecasts at different frequencies to guide executive committee members in their decision-making
- Prepare and/or collaborate in project cost and profitability analysis
- Coordinate the implementation of spending policies and participates in negotiations with key suppliers
- Strengthen and performs tight financial control and optimal cash management
- Prepare financial forecasts and analyzes and interpret financial statements as part of the strategic planning and performance evaluation process in collaboration with the CEO and other members of the executive team
- Is responsible for managing liquidity and capitalization
- Act as a liaison with financial institutions and the external accounting firm
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in technical and operational accounting in a high-growth startup and a wide range of knowledge in other financial, accounting and business functions such as revenue, taxation/compliance, HR/pay/inventory administration, legal, etc.
- Bachelor Degree and professional accounting designation; 8+ years related experience with a strong profile in financial analysis
- Ability to provide detailed analysis on a variety of key performance indicators
- Ability to create and develop financial models and financial analysis templates
- Demonstrated capacity to understand business issues and translate them into financial information or financial performance indicators
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures and government regulations
- Strong technical knowledge and computer skills, including advanced knowledge of
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English/French)
Who you are
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, you derive joy from bringing rigor, structure, and organization to all finance/accounting-related activities
- You take full ownership of your core responsibilities, and you will be comfortable with those responsibilities evolving with the changing needs of the company
- A flexible attitude as well as a willingness to contribute wherever needed
- Ability to contribute in a multidisciplinary team as a strong team player, focused on delivering results against multiple deadlines in a fast-paced growing environment
- You must demonstrate a great capacity for setting priorities and for time management
- High levels of confidentiality, integrity and judgment
- Competitive compensation
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Group insurance and group RRSP
- Vacation (4 weeks)
- Personal leave
- Flexible schedule, open-space office on the Plateau, and more...
The company offers a very pleasant working environment as well as very good team dynamics where respect, inclusion and diversity (gender, culture, expertise) prevail.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
My Intelligent Machines (MIMs), based in Montreal, is a leader in artificial intelligence applied to life sciences. We provide Biopharma and Agtech companies with augmented intelligence systems enabling life scientists working in this space to model patients, cells, tissues or farm animals to develop more efficient and personalized treatments and agro-products. The company is growing at a fast pace and has a strong and active research and development team.
MIMs is a dynamic tech company with an exceptional culture which embraces diversity and gender equity. We are currently one of the few tech companies reaching gender balance, as half of the team is composed of women. We received the 2020 Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award, one of the most prestigious prizes granted each year to the 100 most promising private tech companies.