Machine Learning Developer
My Intelligent Machines (MIMs) is looking for a talented ML Developer to join a dynamic team building a world class augmented intelligence R&D platform for life scientists working in BioPharma companies.
MIMs is a fast-growing software company, with a dynamic and gender balanced team building a world class R&D augmented intelligence platform for life scientists working in BioPharma companies, helping them to stratify patient populations, to identify drug targets and biomarkers and to develop more efficient and personalized treatments.
You will work closely with life scientists, bioinformaticians, biostatisticians, data scientists, AI and software engineers. This full time position will focus on designing data integration and multi-omic modeling strategies and to support their implementation within MIMs solutions. Ideal candidates will have a strong background in machine learning, systems biology, statistical modeling, and data analysis, particularly as applied to large-scale, high-dimensional data sets. In particular, we are interested in candidates who have experiences on spatio-temporal and time series data analyses to support the development of anomaly detection algorithms and pattern detection in time series. In particular, we are interested in candidates who have experience with dynamic pattern recognition, multi-omic data modalities to support the inference of gene functionality and co-functionality, functional interaction, systems modeling applied to systems stratification, biomarkers and drug targets identification.
- Provide scientific leadership in the goals, architecture, and implementation of multi-omic data integration and modeling aspects of solutions developed at MIMs;
- Work with scientists and software developers of the solution team to identify, adapt or develop pipelines and methods;
- Enhance and improve MIMs ML models
- Enhance and improve MIMs ML Ops Pipeline
- Research and POC for state-of-the-art technologies
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering,
bioinformatics, or related field
- 3+ years of postdoc or post-graduate experience
- strong experience in time series analyses and spatio-temporal analyses
- Strong experience working with Python, Numpy and Pandas
- A solid understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals
- Asset: Experience with TextCNN, LSTM, seq2seq, Attention, GAN models
- Experience with one of the following libraries: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Scikit-learn
- Skills in Linux environment, shell script, git, and docker.
- Asset: Having deployed a M-L system on a production environment
- Ideal candidates will have a strong background in statistical modeling, machine learning, and data analysis, particularly as applied to large-scale, high-dimensional multi-omic data sets;
- Proven experience in life science data modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English/French).
Who you are
- A flexible attitude to job roles as well as a willingness to contribute wherever needed. The ideal candidate will take full ownership of their core responsibilities, and will be comfortable with those responsibilities evolving with the changing needs of the company;
- Ability to contribute in a multidisciplinary team as a strong team player, focused on delivering results against multiple deadlines in a fast-paced growing environment.
- A team player who is highly proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
My Intelligent Machines (MIMs), based in Montreal, is a leader in artificial intelligence applied to life sciences. We provide Biopharma companies with augmented intelligence systems enabling life scientists working in this space to model patients, cells, tissues or farm animals to develop more efficient and personalized treatments. The company is growing at a fast pace and has a strong and active research and development team.
MIMs is a dynamic tech company with an exceptional culture which embraces diversity and gender equity. We are currently one of the few tech companies reaching gender balance, as half of the team is composed of women. We received the 2020 Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award, one of the most prestigious prizes granted each year to the 100 most promising private tech companies.