RESEARCH UNIT: Laboratory of Prof Michel Bouvier (Molecular Pharmacology), Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer (IRIC), University of Montreal, in collaboration with My Intelligent Machines (MIMs).
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow in the field of application of artificial intelligence to the analysis of cell signaling data in the context of anti-cancer drug action. The selected candidate will join a collaborative project between the laboratory of Prof Michel Bouvier of the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer (IRIC) (https://www.iric.ca/fr) from the University of Montreal and the artificial intelligence company MiMS (https://www.mims.ai/). The project is part of the large-scale research program, Acuité (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac5B7dRA33o), supported by the Fonds d’Accélération des Collaborations en Santé (FACS). The candidate will share its time between Prof Bouvier's laboratory and those of MIMs.
The project aims to integrate cell signaling data into algorithms for predicting the activity of anti-cancer drugs with a view to a better understanding of the mechanisms of action of these drugs and a better identification of patients who could benefit from these treatments. The prediction algorithms were generated by MiMS and the involvement in therapeutic responses will be assessed by measuring their activity and dynamics in real time in live cells classified as responder vs non-responder based on existing data.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CANDIDATE
• Use the MIMs algorithmic platform (paid from dedicated Acuity funds by the Bouvier
• Use different BRET sensors to detect signaling signatures.
• Develop a new panel of biosensors of the wnt/Frizzled/beta-catenin axis.
• Establish appropriate targets and drugs to be tested and perform BRET experiments to validate predictions from the MiMs algorithmic platform
• Test the set of biosensors in several cell lines, using transient transfection and viral transduction. These preliminary tests and optimizations will be useful for the experiments to be developed in the next stages of the project.
• Assure the contact with the industrial partner of the project and coordinate the different aspects of the collaboration.
• In collaboration with the principal investigators, interpret the results and plan the next steps of the project.
• In collaboration with the principal researcher, conceptualize and produce the various
documents related to the project (eg oral presentation, written reports, scientific manuscripts and grant applications, if applicable).
• Prepare and present scientific results from research at national and international scientific conferences and symposia (posters and/or oral presentation) as well as to local and international collaborators
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education and experience)
• Doctoral degree or equivalent in an appropriate field of specialization (biochemistry, cell
biology, pharmacology, artificial intelligence, etc…).
• Have practical knowledge of big data analysis and programming.
• Previous experience in mammalian cell culture and in vitro experiments.
• Good knowledge of the biology of G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs).
• Ability to develop new experimental protocols.
• Knowledge of medicinal chemistry would be an asset.
2-year contract with possibility of extension
Start of contract: As soon as possible from February 2022.
Salary: $40,000/year or more, depending on the candidates experience.